Dr Humaira Waheed GDC No. 72101 • BDS (dund) • MFDS RCS (edin) • Dip Rest (ucl) • Dip MedEd (bham)
NHS Dental Treatment
NHS dental charges depend on the treatment you need to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy.
There are three standard charges for NHS dental treatments, these are correct as of 1st April 2020
Band 1 course of treatment – £23.80
This covers an examination, diagnosis (including X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed, and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant.
Band 2 course of treatment – £65.20
This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal treatment or extractions.
Band 3 course of treatment – £282.80
This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures and bridges.
Who is entitled to free NHS dental treatment?
You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if, when your treatment starts, you are:
- under 18
- under 19 and in full-time education
- pregnant or you’ve had a baby in the 12 months before treatment starts
You can also get free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts :
- you’re included in an award of Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit guarantee credit
- you’re named on, or entitled to, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- you’re named on a valid HC2 certificate
- If you’re named on a valid HC3 certificate, you may not have to pay for all your NHS dental treatment.
Copyright © 2018 White Pearl Dental Care. All Rights Reserved.